Calling for Updates
- Dedicate one family member to call for updates and to keep other loved ones informed. We can be inundated with calls from several family members which takes away precious time in treating our patients.
- After your pet’s initial admittance, please call at the specified time given to you by the doctor. We may, at this time give you results of blood-work, x-rays, etc.
- Due to the nature of our business, and your pet’s care being our most important priority, our client communication hours are: 1) Our overnight veterinarian will call you between the hours of 7 am and 10 am unless he or she is busy with an emergency treatment. 2) Please feel free to call us for medical updates between 12 pm – 1 pm and 10 pm – 12 midnight.
- If the doctor is unable to give you an update at the time that you call, we may ask you for the phone number that would be best to reach you during the next hour.
- Updates should be limited to 2 – 3 calls per day, unless otherwise instructed by the doctor.
- When you call, it may be helpful to have a written list of questions that you may want to ask.