IMPORTANT HOSPITAL PROTOCOL UPDATE
The health and well-being of your pet and family are our top priority. In accordance with CDC recommendations to practice social distancing, EEVC is taking steps to slow virus spread and protect the health of our families and yours. The following temporary changes are effective immediately at our hospital:
- No clients will be allowed into the hospital until further notice. If you have an emergency or an urgent appointment, please call the hospital before or when you arrive and remain in your vehicle: 631-369-4513. A staff member will meet you in the parking lot when we’re ready to bring your pet inside for assessment. Once a doctor has assessed your pet, we will communicate with you by phone to make diagnostic and treatment recommendations and to collect payments. When your pet is ready to go home, a team member will bring your pet and any medications out to your car for discharge.
- If you believe your pet has an emergency, please call ahead before coming. We may be able to help you determine if emergency care is necessary or if your pet can wait to be seen by your primary care veterinarian.
- For established clients with upcoming rechecks, a team member will be in contact shortly to discuss options, including delaying your appointment or scheduling a phone consult with your doctor.
- For new clients seeking specialty referral, please be aware that patients with chronic or stable conditions or those seeking elective procedures may be asked to delay their appointment until a later date.
- If you are a veterinarian referring a case for specialty or intensive care, please call the hospital to speak directly to the corresponding specialist so that we can work together to prioritize urgent cases.
- In addition to the rigid cleaning and disinfecting protocols already in place, we have increased the frequency of our cleaning practices. Employees who feel ill are instructed to stay home and contact their doctor.
We know that emergencies happen and that having an ill or injured pet is stressful. Caring for our critically ill pets is an essential service and we have no plans to stop providing emergency care. Please bear with us as some of the temporary changes made in response to COVID-19 may have impacts on efficiency and will be a departure from what those of you who have been here before are used to. We appreciate your patience!
We thank you for your patience as we work with the most up to date recommendations from local government and the CDC. This is an evolving public health issue and we must all be flexible and work together during this time of uncertainty.
If you have any questions, please call: 631-369-4513.
For additional information and resources, please visit: